- Prof., School of Mathematics, 2018 - present.
- Reader, School of Mathematics, 2014 - 2018.
- William Penney Fellow, 2013 - 2019.
- Senior Lecturer, School of Mathematics, 2004 - 2014.
- Lecturer, Dept. of Mathematics, 1999 - 2004.
- Temporary Lecturer, Dept. of Mathematics, Univ. of Manchester, 1998 - 1999.
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Environmental Fluid Dynamics, 1995 - 1998.
Ph.D. Hydrodynamic Stability, 1995, Univ. of Manchester.
B.Sc. Mathematics, 1992, Univ. of Manchester.
- High speed flow
- Stability of fluid flows
- Geophysical fluid dynamics; Particle-laden flows & rotating/stratified fluid systems.
- Asymptotic and computational methods
- MATH10222 Calculus and applications (current)
- MATH30252 Wave Motion (current)
- MT2612 Complex Variables and Integral Transforms (past)
- MT2252 Mathematical Modelling and Presentation (past)
- MT5632/4632 Hydrodynamic Stability Theory (past)
- Editorial board, Journal of Engineering Mathematics (2011 - present)
- Secretary of EUROMECH Fluid Mechanics Conference 7 (Sept. 2008)
- Undergraduate Teaching Committee (2007 - 2013)
- Deputy head of applied group (2007 - 2013)
- Chairman of Staff-Student Liaison Committee (2003 - 2005)
- Webmaster for Mathematics Dept (2001 - 2003)
- Personal Tutor (1998 - present)
- Applied seminar organizer (2001 - 2008)
- Secretary of the student computing committee (2002)